Friday, May 5, 2017

With Great Power, Comes Great... Need? 

ALLLLL the Things

Having just built my first desktop (with plenty of help from fellow CRR member, Prometheus), I find myself buying many new games. In the days since I first booted up my aptly named Tower-of-Power, I've purchased five games and my gpu came with one. 

  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (GPU)
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  • Final Fantasy XIV

XCOM and The Division arrived, but I've yet to break the cellophane on either of them. I've downloaded and installed Ghost Recon: Wildlands, GTA V, Skyrim and FFXIV. I've played very little of Skyrim (same game, better graphics/less bugs, maybe), FFXIV and GTA V. I haven't played XCOM or GR:W at all yet. All of them look great though, really great. 

My set up, brings a tear of joy to my eye. 

Tower-of-Power... Really?

Oh yeah, she's a beast. I was thinking of Janet, but it didn't seem strong enough of a name.

 

  • AsRock z270 Killer MoBo
  • Intel i7-7700k 7th generation quad core
  • GEFORCE GTX 1080 8GB VRAM
  • 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum LED RAM
  • Corsair RMx series 750W PSU
  • Samsung 960 Pro 2TB M.2 PCIe 
  • Seagate 4TB HDD
  • COOLER MASTER 120mm CPU cooling unit
  • Phanteks Eclipse P400 satin black with 10 color RGB and side window
  • ASUS RoG 34 inch curved IPS monitor
  • Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB keyboard
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB mouse
  • 2 Asiahorse 120mm LED fans (blue and red)
  • 2 RGB light strips
  • 1 Asiahorse Firework 120mm LED Fan (green)

Like I said, she's potent! Prometheus had me run some benchmark programs last night. Everything ran at or above the 97th Percentile. Which is excellent. 


So, if you have any suggestions of games I need to play, leave a comment! I've had a guy from the  Dododex Discord bugging me to stream, so maybe I'll look at it... Not super likely though. 

For Your Viewing Pleasure

My garage thingy in GTA V

A painful place to wake up. Not to mention weird.

The new Razorback pig in Ark (I thought it was a wolf when it was attacking wild mammoths).

That's the story behind my new Desktop! Thanks for reading, listening and oh! Have a flower! 🌸

~Luminin


No comments:

Post a Comment